On Thursday my mum and I ventured out to do a bit of shopping and I had a rather long list of items I wanted to get both beauty wise and fashion wise (mini Primark + Topshop haul to follow). Said list consisted of a new concealer, lipgloss, face wipes and toner, to which I was greeted with a lovely 3 for 2 on both Maybelline and Simple, happy days!
1) Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Cool Medium 2 – I have been using this concealer non stop for a few years now and whenever my last tube starts to get a little gross looking I always go and pick up another. This time I’ve gone for a different shade, I normally go for the lightest offering which is Light 1, but I think this Cool Medium 2 shade will look a little more skin like as the other can be a little bit too bright sometimes, perfect if your trying to go for Kim K highlighted under eye look, not so great on making spots look even more stand out! (£3.99)
2) Maybelline Color Sensational Shine Gloss – 105 Cashmere Rose – I have seen the lovely a lix from I Covet Thee rave on about these lip glosses and I thought this peachy/coral shade was just gorgeous! It’s not a normal colour I would go for but I think spring is on it’s way and I think a slick of lip gloss would look perfect day or night. The packaging is lovely, very sleek and it has that satisfying click once you close it and it smells fruity and fresh which is definite plus points! (£6.19)
3) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow – Permanent Taupe – I have heard Este from Essie Button talk about these eyeshadow creams for ages, as well as a number of other top bloggers and I thought it was about high time I have them a go! I have quite oily eyelids which sounds gross when written down but it can mean that my eyeshadow can look a little panda like towards the end of the day, not a great look! So I was hoping this bad boy could help give a little longevity to my smoky eye, and I have already tried it blended in on it’s own and it makes a beautiful taupe/grey single shadow shade for those lazy days! (£4.99)
4) Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner – Black – I am 100% an eyeliner girl, I wear a cat eye or at least some sort of eyeliner look on a daily basis which means I am always on the hunt for the next best product. I have used gels, liquid, kohl and I always go back to a pen type liner because they are so quick which makes applying it super easy! I currently use the L’oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim but I can find sometimes it moves about a little so I thought I would give this a go. It has a very tapered tip so that means you can get right into the corners and make very ‘precise’ flicks! (£5.99)
5) Simple Face Wipes x2– I know a lot of people are very anti face wipes but I enjoy using them to clean up mess when I’m applying my make up or for little smudges and these ones are great for sensitive skin.(£3.25)
6) Simple Kind To Skin Toner – I have used this toner for years and it isn’t the best but its affordable and great for my very sensitive skin. I usually soak a cotton pad with this and wipe it all over my face after using the Simple Cleanser. (£2.99)
7) Poundshop Oval Face Pads – This pack of 50 oval face wipes were a pound and I really like using these larger shaped ones instead of the tiny round pads because I think you can use more product and it covers more of your face. (£1.00)
Have you tried any of these products? Whats your favourite spring product?